Budget Arbor & Logging, provides forestry management services to reduce the threat of wildfire and improve the overall health of the forest.
This can be done in two steps:
1. Clearing any and all dead vegetation. (Dead vegetation is extremely flammable and acts as fuel to any fire.)
2. Removing and thinning of all dense vegetation and ladder fuels. (By getting rid of dense vegetation and ladder fuels you can keep the fire from spreading. Without fuels the fire cannot stay alive.)
In addition to fire prevention, thinning and pruning improves the health of your trees and their resistance to insects and diseases. It also reduces your liability of spreading a fire to neighbors.
We work with our clients to determine how to best manage their forested areas. Much of the work we do is in conjunction with the Department of Natural Resources. For more information on DNR Forestry Practices CLICK HERE.
Here is an example of our forestry management work:
Proper pruning should begin when the plant is initially placed in the ground by preventing roots from circling and choking the plant. However, there are many issues that can be addressed with corrective pruning after damage has occurred as well.
• Plants that have been improperly “topped” can have their watersprouts (small limbs growing vertically from larger limbs) pruned to re-establish a better branch structure for the tree. If they are not removed, they will steal energy from the tree.
• Suckers, which grow from the base of the tree or the roots, should also be pruned as soon as they appear before they weaken the tree
• Trees may develop co-dominant (two equal) leader stems as well as weakly attached branches from improper pruning or damage. These should be removed when the trees are young to prevent wounds from breakage. Rubbing and crossed branches should also be removed as soon as they are found
• Many factors may damage branches from storms to people, animals or pests. Damaged branches affect the tree’s appearance, create safety issues, and are breeding grounds for insect and disease damage and should be removed as soon as possible
• Anytime a branch interferes with or threatens people or property it should be properly removed
Budget Arbor and Logging has employees who are highly trained and have extensive knowledge in the art and science of proper pruning techniques and methods. We prune using the ANSI A300 industry standards for tree care operations.